Friday, March 16, 2012

Husband Appreciation Week!

This past week we have been blessed with absolutely BEAUTIFUL weather! Saturday Josh and I decided to go outside and play with the dogs so they could get some fresh air. It was then that we decided some yard work needed to be done. One of the projects required Josh to climb a tree taller than our house.
 Look closely, he's up there!
A few months ago we had a really bad wind storm. Several homes were damaged and most of the trees in the area were uprooted and blocking off streets. We have about twelve trees surrounding our house and thankfully not one of them uprooted, or blew over. However, one of the trees had some significant damage done to its branches. One of the branches (about six inches in diameter) was left hanging, Josh tried to pull it down a few times from the ground but to no avail. He had no other option but to climb the tree and saw it off. 

As you can see from the pictures he courageously had to climb so high into the tree that he was taller than our house! I worried watching him climb up but let me tell you, more prayers were said while he was climbing down. That was much more frightening to watch!

So this inspired my idea for husband appreciation week. Josh works so hard and does so much for our little family, he really deserves some extra attention and appreciation. He always sees the light in my dark moments, and helps put a smile on my face at times I need it the most. I decided this week I would pay VERY close attention to all the nice things he does for me, and give him a grand thank you as I noticed them. We went shopping and he picked out some new clothes and a pair of running shoes. Thursday was the main day of celebration. I surprised him by taking him to the spa that I work at so we could get a couples treatment. After some nice relaxation I took him to breakfast at one of our favorite places, Bees Cafe. We had such a fantastic day together, I am truly lucky to have such an amazing husband! 
Sunday afternoon we took the girls for a walk up by dinosaur park. We snapped this shot during our little hike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

YoUr CoMmEnTs