Have you ever had one of those nightmares where you go to school/work/anywhere that people will see you, and realize you are scantily clad in just your underwear?!
This dream became a reality for me yesterday, only backwards.
Rewind to Wednesday morning. Josh and I wake up early to do some errands. Keep in mind that early for us is like 8am, but still! We get home completely exhausted from running around Roy, Layton, and Riverdale until about 1:30. Josh leaves for work between 1:30 and 1:45. I need to be at work at 2:30 because I have a 3 o'clock appointment. I knew I would have difficulty making it through my shift without a power nap. The most comfortable way for me to do this is in only my underwear and tucked into the sheets of my bed. I know that is probably more information than most people care to know but it is an important detail to the upcoming circumstances. So I set my alarm for 2:15 and get some shut eye.
I wake up to the sound of a text message. I look at the clock to see how much time I have left before my alarm will go off. And what do I see? 2:50 Still disoriented from my slumber I put my head back on my pillow thinking about what I am supposed to do when my alarm goes off. That is when I realize that I am already 20 minutes behind schedule! I jump up out of bed, throw my clothes on, put Penny in her kennel, and make a run for my car.
I am about half way to work as I start to evaluate the situation. I forgot to set my alarm? No, it is set for 2:15AM! Ugh. I am so frustrated and humiliated and angry with myself. At the stop light I look down to pull my phone out of my pocket so I can call the spa and explain my tardiness, and that's when I realize it.....I am wearing my work clothes, but I am NOT wearing a bra!! I try to calmly consider my current situation.
1. The shirt I am wearing today is very form fitting.
2. I am on my way to work where I give people professional massages.
3. I am already running late.
4. But I have no choice, I have to turn around, go back home, and put on a freakin' bra.
I turn the car around and race home like a mad woman. I call my work, in a state of panic and humiliation. "Roxie, its Britany! I'm LATE! I am coming right now! Ill be there in 5 minutes! Can you take my client back for me?!" Call me a chicken but I wasn't ready to fess up to the reason of my tardiness. I got to work about 3:03 all sorts of disoriented from the events of the past 13 minutes. It is no secret that I am pretty out of it after waking up from a nap but I am baffled at the fact that I actually got dressed, (minus the bra) left my house (minus the bra) and drove half way to work (minus the bra). I pull myself together and give my client an awesome massage. I wasn't going to let anything bring me down! Pun intended!
Why am I fessing up now you ask? Well a certain book comes to mind that puts me at ease. 'You Are Special' A children's storybook about a little boy who is teased and tormented for being different and wants to change himself to become more socially acceptable. He comes face to face with his Creator to present his request, and questions why the Creator made him this way in the first place. Those three small words were all it took. You Are Special.
So laugh all you want people, but on this Thankful Thursday I say with great confidence. I AM FREAKING SPECIAL TOO! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
YoUr CoMmEnTs